Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner 2018– The religious occasion of Thanksgiving is synonymous with sharing, feasting, and merry-making. Apart from fasting and prayers, many people organize family get together for their customary Thanksgiving dinner. The festival can’t be imagined without making the prime and favourable dish of turkey for dinner. This Thanksgiving, greet your close pals, relatives, neighbors, and guests with these mouth-watering Thanksgiving dinner recipe and meanwhile share some adorable and stunning Thanksgiving turkey images & pictures with them.
How to cook best Thanksgiving turkey dinner recipe
Thanksgiving revolves around the food and large feasts. People celebrate this festival by enjoying delicious meals and Thanksgiving delicacies with their families. Thanksgiving dinner is the main part of this Thanksgiving festival where all the family members and guests gather, give thanks to God and eat together. Turkey, pumpkins, apples, potatoes, bread etc are some of the major ingredients that are used to make Thanksgiving dinner.
Turkey is the center and main dish you can see on the table of every American or Canadian dining table on a Thanksgiving dinner. Side dishes may vary but the main dish will be a Turkey. Due to the excessive use of Turkey in the Thanksgiving big feasts and Thanksgiving turkey dinner, this day is often called “Turkey Day”. Eating turkey on Thanksgiving has become a tradition now.
Why turkey on Thanksgiving?
Most of you must have wondered that why do we eat turkey on Thanksgiving??
Today we will answer the question- Why turkey on Thanksgiving??
Though it is a mystery we have tried to find the answer to this question. One of the basic reasons which we found in our research is that wild Turkey was so easily available in the Plymouth area. The first Thanksgiving dinner was believed to be held in 1621 when pilgrims and the native enjoyed together with a good harvest in Plymouth. Ducks, waterfowl, fish, turkey and lots of seafood was the part of their dinner. But as the time changes seafood and duck were replaced with other things but the only thing that remains the same is Turkey. Turkey is plentiful, affordable, and easily available and is enough to feed a table, therefore, it is the main dish of this Thanksgiving festival.
Table of Contents
- 1 How many turkeys are consumed on Thanksgiving?
- 2 How to brine a turkey for Thanksgiving
- 3 Turkey stuffing recipes thanksgiving
- 4 How to cook a Thanksgiving turkey
- 5 Other Turkey recipes for Thanksgiving
- 6 Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- 7 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe
- 8 Thanksgiving Turkey Images & Pictures
How many turkeys are consumed on Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is all about Turkeys these days more than giving thanks to the God.
Do you know how many turkeys are eaten on Thanksgiving?
You do not have an idea that how many Turkeys are consumed on Thanksgiving for a single day. A large number of Turkeys are raised in the farms of the USA which are then supplied to market for Thanksgiving meals. According to a report by National Turkey Federation, around 45 million Turkeys were killed in 2017 and it is the average number of Turkeys that are killed for this Thanksgiving meal.
How to brine a turkey for Thanksgiving
As turkey is an important and main dish of Thanksgiving Dinner, it should be cooked properly. Turkey brining is one of the crucial parts in this process of cooking Turkey. Everybody loves a tender, moist, soft, flavored and juicy turkey. For a crisp skin and juicy Turkey meat, it needs to be brined properly before it is roasted on Thanksgiving Day.
Here is the simple recipe of How to brine a Turkey for Thanksgiving –
Brine is a solution of water and salt on which turkey is kept.
- Dry Brine- Just rub the turkey skin with some dry salt and let it sit in the refrigerator for one or two days before cooking. You can also add some flavor to the brine. Adding garlic, bay leaves, fennel seeds, bay leaves, thyme etc to the brine gives it a flavor.
- Wet Brine-
- Heat water and salt in a stove.
- Let it cool.
- Now take a brining bag and place the Turkey and brine in the bag.
- Keep the bag in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours before cooking it.
You can add different flavors of herbs like Thyme, sage, rosemary, dried parsley, oregano, bay leaves etc. Apart from this, you can also add spices, lemon, oranges, garlic, apple, onions, honey, cinnamon etc.
Note- Don’t forget to wash and rinse Turkey after taking out of the Brine and cooking.
Turkey stuffing recipes thanksgiving
Before going forward to how to make Thanksgiving turkey, you should know about Turkey stuffing. From bringing to its stuffing all the procedure should be done carefully. Stuffing is one of the important parts of cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving. You can use bread, sausage, celery, mushroom, apples and various other ingredients to make a mouthwatering turkey stuffing.
Here we are sharing some best Turkey stuffing recipes Thanksgiving.
- Traditional turkey stuffing recipe-
1 pound day-old white French bread, diced into 1/2-inch cubes and dried
1 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely minced
1 extra-large (about 2 1/2 cups) sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced small
1 1/2 cups celery, diced small
1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, finely minced
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary (sticks discarded), finely minced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme (sticks discarded), finely minced
2 large eggs
2 ½ chicken broth
How to make- https://www.averiecooks.com/classic-traditional-thanksgiving-stuffing/
- Corn Bread Stuffing
How to make- https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a22553283/best-cornbread-stuffing-recipe/
- Sweet potato and sausage stuffing
How to make- https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/best-sausage-sweet-potato-thanksgiving-stuffing/
- Herbed Sausage, Cranberry, and Apple Stuffing
How to make- https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2015/11/11/herbed-sausage-cranberry-and-apple-stuffing/
- Crescent Roll Stuffing
How to make- https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50193/crescent-roll-stuffing-recipe/
How to cook a Thanksgiving turkey
So, now we are done with the process of Brining and stuffing procedure to cook a delicious Thanksgiving Turkey meal. Now, we will move forward to some turkey recipe for Thanksgiving and will share some best Thanksgiving turkey recipe.
Juicy Thanksgiving turkey recipe
There are several ways to cook a Thanksgiving Turkey. Here we will start with a
juicy Thanksgiving Turkey recipe-
- 1 whole turkey (neck and giblets removed)
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 orange
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bottle champagne
- 1 can chicken broth
How to cook a juicy Turkey- https://www.allrecipes.com/video/3276/juicy-thanksgiving-turkey/
Best Thanksgiving turkeys
Here is the some of the best Thanksgiving turkey recipe ever for you-
- Red Chile and Orange Glazed Turkey
- Deep-fried turkey
Recipe here- https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cat-cora/deep-fried-turkey-recipe-1973374
- Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey Recipe
- Herb and Citrus Butter Roasted Turkey
Recipe here- https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a5944/herb-citrus-butter-roasted-turkey-recipe-clx1114/
- Perfect Roasted Turkey
Other Turkey recipes for Thanksgiving
Here are some more delicious recipes for Thanksgiving turkey dinner for you.
- Bacon roast Turkey
Recipe here- https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/bacon-wrapped-turkey-breast-stuffed-with-pear-hash-recipe-1965522
- Spice-Rubbed Turkey in Prosciutto
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Turkey
- Skillet turkey with roasted vegetables
- Citrus marinated grilles turkey
Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
When brainstorming Thanksgiving dinner recipe ideas, the turkey is always the centerpiece of the festivity. And thus to lighten up your celebration this year, here we have come up with some of easiest, simple and Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe with our favorite recipes of slow-roasting, grilling and stuffing your bird. Whether you are looking for traditional turkey recipe with vegetables or a glazed bird to spice up your Thanksgiving delicacies, then these below-provided yummy and cool Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe will help you to throw the ultimate Thanksgiving and guaranteed to please your palate.
Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe:
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub the olive oil, lemon pepper, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning over the turkey.
- Put the turkey in roasting pan with the breast side facing upwards.
- Roast the turkey for 2 hours.
- Before serving to your guests, let it cool for about 15 minutes.
Delicious Backed Turkey Recipe:
- Put turkey in the roasting pan and add salad dressing over the bird.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 12-14 hours at 180 to 200 degrees.
- Uncover it and turn heat up to 35 to 375 degrees and then bake for additional ½ hour until it becomes golden brown.
- Don’t stuff the turkey and cut a small portion of it or you can save giblets for stuffing or the gravy.
Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Turkey Recipe:
- Mix the crab, stuffing and Shrimp together.
- Put it in bowl and place it in your refrigerator.
- Place the turkey in pan and add salt, butter and water with it.
- Keep it in the oven for two & half hours.
- Take it out and bast it with some more water & the drippings.
- Once again, put it in oven for another 2 hours.
- Now take your turkey stuffing and slowly mix with the turkey droppings until it moistened to your liking.
Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe
The main attraction of Thanksgiving festival is turkey which also forms the main dish of the day. Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away from us, and we know many families start preparing for the big feast in advance. So, here we are representing you with a large collection of special and traditional Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Recipe. This grand feast is the treat of the day. However, apart from turkey, you can also make a variety of simple, delicious and tasty Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe to add to the festivities. Take a look!!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and then blend tofu until they becomes sooth & cream like.
- Add cooked pumpkin and bend it.
- After that put the paste into a large bowl and add sugar, salt and spices. Mix it well.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Sweet Corn with Cheese Recipe:
- Mix all ingredients like frozen corn kernels, cream cheese, butter, milk, and sugar expect slat & pepper. And cook in the cooker.
- You need to keep the cooker over the flame for 2 to 4 hours, if you’re cooking on high. For low flame you will require for 4 to 6 hours of cooking time.
- Add salt and pepper to it and serve.
Turkey and Rice Recipe:
- Cook the turkey in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Cool the turkey and finally chopped it.
- In a big bowl, combine the turkey with the cooked rice.
- Then add water to make the mixture a bit soggy.
Thanksgiving Turkey Images & Pictures
Thanksgiving celebration is just incomplete without the legendary symbol, turkey. As Thanksgiving 2018 will be celebrated on Thursday, November 22nd and hence have a look at our extensive and classy collection of Thanksgiving Turkey Images that you can download for free of cost from our section that we have uploaded below. With the harvest festival of Thanksgiving is approaching fast, go through our huge gatherings of colorful and impressive Thanksgiving Turkey Pictures that you can use to delight your family and friends on this blissful fiesta and celebrate the eve with all happiness.
Do try these turkey recipes thanksgivings and enjoy this beautiful fall festival.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and great turkey dinner with family.