Thanksgiving Paintings: Thanksgiving is one of the biggest and most awaited holidays of the year. It is the time when people celebrate their first harvest and express their gratitude to the Almighty God for all the things. It is the time of the year when families come together and enjoy this fall festival together.
Since the beginning of this festival, various artists and painters have portrayed the spirit of Thanksgiving in their paintings. Paintings are not just to solve the purpose of decoration but they are much more than that. This Thanksgiving add some Thanksgiving painting activities to your activity list and enjoy this beautiful festival with different colors and canvas.
Today we have brought Thanksgiving painting inspirations for you to try this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving paintings that will blow your mind-
Have a look at some of the best and famous thanksgiving paintings.
- “Freedom from want”(1943) by Norman Rockwell
· The First “Thanksgiving” (1914) by Jennie Augusta Brownscombe
- The “Turkeys” (1876) by Claude Monet
- “Home for Thanksgiving” (1945) by Norman Rockwell
- “Home to Thanksgiving” by Currier and Ives
- “Thankful Poor”, (1894) by Henry Ossawa Tanner
- “Catching the Thanksgiving Turkey ” (1943) by Grandma Moses
- “Thanksgiving” (1935) by Doris Lee
- “The First Thanksgiving” (1915) by Jean Louis Gerome
Thanksgiving Printable Templates
Here are some beautiful Thanksgiving painting templates. You can use them as an inspiration for making Thanksgiving painting. If you are not good at painting then download and print these templates. Frame and use for Thanksgiving decoration.
- Harvested Crops for Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Family Painting
- Children giving thanks
- Thanksgiving dinner table
- Thanksgiving Nature Painting
- Snowman praying at the dinner table
- Harvesting Painting
Some famous Thanksgiving painting by Norman Rockwell and his mentor J.C. Leyendecker
Apart from the very famous “Freedom from want” and “Home for Thanksgiving” Thanksgiving artwork, Norman Rockwell has given some more paintings on Thanksgiving.
Here are other thanksgiving artworks from Norman Rockwell and his mentor J.C. Leyendecker’s gallery. Most of these paintings were a cover page of the famous magazine “Saturday Evening Post”
- “Make a wish” by Norman Rockwell
· “Boy Watching Grandmother Trim Pie” by J.C. Leyendecker
- “Cousin Reginald Catches the Thanksgiving Turkey” by Norman Rockwell
- “After Turkey Nap” byJ.C. Leyendecker
- “Woman holding platter with Turkey” by Norman Rockwell
· “Childhood Thanksgiving” by J.C. Leyendecker