Thanksgiving Trivia Questions: Thanksgiving is basically a harvest festival celebrated with great joy and pomp that does not have connection with any religion. It celebrated with great joy in the United stated and Canada in the month of November and October respectively. People gather together to celebrate this festival, invite relatives and friends for the Thanksgiving feast. Together they pray and give thanks to God and enjoy the festivity.
Thanksgiving is the time of the year when families travel distances to celebrate the harvest festival with their loved ones. Various activities are performed during the Thanksgiving break like going for adventures trips, trekking, visiting zoo and other places, and playing various indoor games. Thanksgiving trivia is one of the common quiz games that people enjoy during Thanksgiving holidays.
Thanksgiving trivia is a kind of thanksgiving quiz game that people play and enjoy together on the Thanksgiving. Along with entertainment it also enhances one’s knowledge about this festival of giving thanks.
Table of Contents
Thanksgiving Trivia 2019
Various Thanksgiving quizzes are organized for the family members at the thanksgiving gathering and dinner. Thanksgiving jeopardy questions are very interesting and everyone enjoys this game because it is full of twists and make the quiz more entertaining and engaging.
If you are looking for Thanksgiving trivia questions, then you will get lots of Thanksgiving trivia questions for all ages. Here you will also get funny thanksgiving questions that can spice-up your thanksgiving conversation with your family and friends. We have also shared some thanksgiving trivia questions and answers printables that are definitely going to help you this Thanksgiving.
So let’s not waste time and scroll down to get some interesting thanksgiving questions.
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions for Kids
Here are some Thanksgiving trivia questions for kids that you can ask them to check their knowledge about the festival.
- For How many days did the first Thanksgiving lasted?
Ans- Three days
- What do you call the day after Thanksgiving?
Ans- Black Friday
- Who wanted Turkey to be the national bird of the United States?
Ans- Benjamin Franklin
- Indian corn is only for decoration purpose not for cooking. True or False?
Ans- True, it is only for decoration purpose as it is very hard.
- The loose red fleshy skin under the neck of a make Turkey is known as?
- Is it the female turkey or male turkey that gobble?
Ans- The make turkey. The female turkey cackle.
- What was the name of the ship the pilgrims used for travelling?
- What is the name of the famous rock where the pilgrims landed?
Ans- Plymouth Rock
- What is a baby turkey called?
Ans- Poult or Turkeylings
- What is the meaning of term “Cornucopia”
Ans- Horn of plenty
If you want more questions for kids this Thanksgiving, then you can take the help from Brownielocks thanksgiving trivia. Various thanksgiving trivia questions and other stuff related to kids are available there.
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions for Adults
- Who is the Greece Goddess of Corn?
- Which was the first giant Balloon in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1927?
Ans- Felix the Cat
- What was the original name of the Pilgrims?
- When did the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade took place?
- What was the name of the person who persuaded President Abraham Lincoln to declare Thanksgiving as a national holiday?
Ans- Sarah Joseph Hale. She was a magazine editor.
- Which is the best place to put the meat thermometer in Turkey?
Ans- The thigh
- Which was the first president to give a turkey presidential pardon?
Ans- Ronald Reagan
- What was the name of the Indian Tribe that was invited to join the Pilgrims on Thanksgiving?
- What is the oldest Thanksgiving parade currently called?
Ans- 6abc Dunkin’ Donuts Thanksgiving Day Parade
- What meat did the native Americans bring to the first Thanksgiving?
Ans- Venison (Deer)
- In which culture does the idea of cornucopia (the horn of plenty) was produced?
Ans- Greek culture
Funny Thanksgiving Questions
Here is our list of funny questions that you can ask anyone sitting around the thanksgiving dinner table to start a funny conversation –
- If you had a uniform that you had to wear every day, what would it be? (a question for all)
- Which side of Turkey has the most feathers?
Ans- The outside
- Name the funniest person sitting at the table? (Anybody can ask this question to anyone at the table
- Can turkey jump higher than the statue of Liberty?
Ans- Yes- a statue can’t jump at all
- What is your most creative leftover thanksgiving meal (specially turkey) idea. (friends to friends)
- How did the Mayflower (the ship) showed that it liked America?
Ans- It hugged the shore
- What were the crazy things about my mom/dad when they were kid? (Kids to grandparents)
- Where did the first corn come from?
Ans- From the stalk as it brought it up
- Why did the Indian chief wear so many feathers?
Ans- To keep his wigwam
November trivia questions and answers
November is one of the favorite months of people not only because it is the month when Thanksgiving is celebrated but there are also other things that are associated with November across the world.
This Thanksgiving also inculcate some November Trivia questions and answers in your Thanksgiving trivia. Take help from the following questions and answers-
- What is the meaning of word “November” in Latin?
Ans- Ninth month
- As per Botanists, Maple leaves most often turn what colour by mid- November in the northern hemisphere?
Ans- Light green
- What did Christopher Columbus discover on November 19, 1493?
Ans- Puerto Rico
- Austria, Germany and Switzerland celebrate what on November 9th?
Ans- Inventors day
- What gem has the longest history of being worn as a traditional birthstone for November?
- Who became the first female president of Ireland?
Ans- Mary Robinson
- What is the flower of November?
- What medical device was patented on November 3, 1846?
Ans- The artificial legs
- Which former first lady was born on 4th November 1946?
Ans- Laura Bush
Thanksgiving Trivia Printable
Thanksgiving trivia printable shared below are ready to be downloaded and printed for making your Thanksgiving gathering with your family a special one and memorable.
Thanksgiving Trivia Facts
Thanksgiving is a festival when families come together and enjoy the festivity. The endless talks, jokes, and laughs are common sights during the Thanksgiving celebration. Thanksgiving trivia is also the best element of this celebration when all the family members try to correctly answer the questions.
To start a conversation in Thanksgiving or to make it more interesting you can share some mind-blowing Thanksgiving trivia facts. It will boost everyone’s knowledge about this beautiful festival and will also give you to spend a quality time with family and friends.
In this section, you will get some interesting facts that will help you in preparing Thanksgiving trivia questions.
- It is only the make turkey that actually gobbles.
- Every year around 46 million turkeys are cooked for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Around 50 million pumpkin pies are eaten on Thanksgiving.
- Historian believes that no Turkey was served at the first thanksgiving.
- No turduckens (turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a chicken) were found at the first thanksgiving.
- There were no eating utensils like folks at the first Thanksgiving, pilgrims used knifes and hands to eat the food.
- There are around 32 counties, townships and places in the United States which are named as Plymouth.
- Thanksgiving is the biggest drinking nights of the year.
- There are 4 places in the USA which are named Turkey.
- The first TV dinner was born only because of Thanksgiving. It happened in 1953 when Swanson had an extra turkey of around 260 tons in Thanksgiving. And in order to stop the wastage of the food one of the employee suggested to pack the turkey in aluminum foils along with some beans, rice and sweet potatoes and thus it became the first TV dinner brand.
- Every year US president pardon a turkey on Thanksgiving.
- Black Friday is the busiest day for plumbers according to the Roto-Rooter- the largest pluming service provider of the country.
Hope you find these Thanksgiving Trivia questions and printable beneficial. This Thanksgiving celebrate the festival with joy and do not miss a chance to test the knowledge of your family and guests.
Happy Thanksgiving !!!!